Morning Cup of Greens
Green juices are everywhere these days and it’s a trend that is here to stay. It’s a an easy way to get an honest 3 portions of fruit and vegetables in your body and if you have it before you consume any other foods, the nutrients can be absorbed effectively.
It took me a while to find the perfect green drink. I am not a celery juice lover; I don’t even want to flirt with celery. I found “The One” in the “Classic Green Monster”.
When I do have a Classic Green Monster in the morning I forgo my coffee as it delivers a burst of energy to rival any caffeine.
- 1 cup of non-dairy milk or water
- 2 cups of spinach or de-stemmed kale leaves (organic)
- 1/2 ripe banana peeled and frozen (organic)
- 1 tablespoon of nut butter. I like ‘Better than Peanut Butter”
- 1 tablespoon of chia or flaxseeds
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- organic plant-based protein powder. I like Sun Warrior. (optional).
- In a high speed blender, combine all of the ingredients and blend until smooth
- Enjoy all the feels!