It’s far more attractive than a onion and garlic breath or the meat sweats.
Now that you are leaning towards salads being sexy, I want to share with you a mouthwatering dish that you can serve for any date night or family affair.
It’s super easy and clean and takes approx. 15 minutes and feeds 2 people. Double the ingredients for a big affair.
- Slice half a watermelon into triangle wedges approximately 1 inch thick. Sprinkle with rock salt and place it on a hot and clean grill. Leave them on the grill for 2- 3 minutes each side. You will need a spatula to flip them.
- Whilst the watermelon is grilling, in a frying pan add 1 tablespoon of avocado oil on medium heat. Add 1 cup of baby kale and 1 cup on spinach and sauté lightly for 2-3 minutes so that it still has a slight crunch.
- Slice in half, 1/4 cup of baby tomatoes, using different colors will add sex appeal to your dish.
- Toss the salad leaves, baby kale, spinach and the tomatoes together in a bowl with a dressing of your choice. To keep in light, use cold pressed extra virgin olive oil with a twist of fresh lemon.
- I love the the Primal Kitchen Greek dressing. Linked here to my favorites.
- Sprinkle on top a few pistachios and feta cheese (omit the cheese or use vegan feta if you prefer). Add the grilled watermelon and finish with a extra pinch of rock salt!
Tag me in your photos once you have made them so I can share with the GHM community!
Pro-tip: make sure that the grill is clean before placing the watermelon on it so that it does not compromise the taste. No wants beef flavored watermelon!
What other unusual fruits can you recommend grilling? I would love to hear, leave in my comments!